Access ("PIA") has put together a tremendous offer for my listeners: $31.95 for a full year of one of the very best VPN services available anywhere to help protect your online browsing against tracking by your Internet Service Provider or hackers or governments. You can only get this offer for my listeners through this link:
I want to make sure you know why PIA is my VPN of choice, and why I am using it myself.
After months of homework, I had decided that PIA was in my final two choices for VPN services before ever speaking with the CEO of the company. I decided to go with PIA for a few reasons:
- the operations are based in Denver, with corporate headquarters in London. (The other company I was thinking of has headquarters in Hong Kong and I decided I wasn't comfortable with that.)
- the price is fantastic, and with this offer it's basically unbeatable
- PIA allows 5 simultaneous devices to connect; many other services allow only three
- PIA includes a smartphone app so you're protected while using your iPhone or Android, whether using WiFi (particularly important to protect) or cell service
- Installation and use of the software/apps is very easy.
- NO ADDITIONALY HARDWARE is required.
- I had my VPN up and running on my PC in about 5 minutes from the time I signed up, and less than that to protect my iPhone.
- You can allow the system to auto-connect to one of their many world-wide servers or you can specify a country or a region of the United States.
- There is ZERO logging of your web browsing. (Listen to my interview with Ted Kim, linked below, for more about this.)
- I have not noticed any decrease in the speed of my web browsing or downloading, though sometimes a search engine or web site will question the IP address. If that's the case, it's two clicks to disconnect if necessary and two more clicks to reconnect.
- For the ultra-cautious or paranoid, you can even pay for the service anonymously!
Again, here's the offer, and please do share the link to this blog note, or just the link to the offer, with your friends:https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/khow
Note that PC Magazine gave this an excellent/"editor's choice" recommendation even when it was $7/month!http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2414799,00.asp
You can learn more about how PIA works here:https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/how-it-works/
And more in general about VPNs here:https://hacked.com/virtual-private-network-vpn-everything-you-need-to-know/
If you missed my conversation with Ted Kim, the CEO of PIA, it's well worth a listen here:http://khow.iheart.com/onair/ross-kaminsky-57121/ted-kim-ceo-of-private-internet-15698811/