I thought Roy Moore was everything that's wrong with the GOP...before these allegations. While I don't necessarily believe every allegation, his answers in an interview with Sean Hannity, including implying that he did date teenagers when he was in his 30s, were just gross. (Listen to the video below starting at 3:50 for that particular part of the conversation.) That said, we're talking about Alabama here and as much as it sounds like a terrible stereotype I'm not at all sure these allegations will cost him the election.
In recent days, we've also seen allegations against:
- Actor George Takei (accusation of improper behavior in 1981)
- Actor Richard Dreyfuss (accusation of improper behavior in 1987)
- Democratic Colorado State Rep. Steve Lebsock
- Democratic California State Senator Tony Mendoza
- Comedian Louis C.K. (who has admitted that accusations are true)
- "Prominent" Warner Brothers TV producer/writer Andrew Kreisberg
What do you say about this tsunami? Who do you believe? And why?
CNN and other fake news outlets were all excited about a story late last week that some unnamed Russian offered to send 5 women to Donald Trump's Moscow hotel room in 2013. The bodyguard who received the offer turned it down and Donald Trump reportedly laughed when he heard about it, thinking it a joke. I'm not sure why anyone thinks the story is even slightly interesting.
What is interesting is President Trump's saying that he believes Vladimir Putin actually believes that the Russians did not attempt to meddle in our elections. It's exceedingly odd for Trump to say such a thing. It does not help him domestically or internationally and it seems just stubborn and mindless.