Colorado like the rest of the world has been so affected by the Coronavirus. Imagine the impact on those who are already living on the margins or experiencing homelessness. Coloradans always step up to help their neighbors through challenging times. Today is no exception. Catholic Charities of Denver is providing shelter, food, and emergency assistance, and more to those in need. Even while most are isolated, Catholic Charities wants to encourage you to find ways to donate your time, talents, or treasure to give back to your community and share kindness for your neighbors in Colorado!
Catholic Charities of Denver spans all of northern Colorado with 76 locations, more than 28 ministries, serving 105,000 people last year.
More about Catholic Charities of Denver at https://ccdenver.org/covid19/ and:
- We have 7 buckets of ministries: shelter, housing, early childhood education, counseling, women’s services, community outreach and faith in action- All are providing services, many have switched to telephone consultation or telehealth. We are still serving those in need.
- We have 5 shelters: Samaritan House (Denver), Women’s Emergency Shelter (Denver), The Mission ( Fort Collins), Guadalupe Community Center (Greeley) and Marisol Homes (mom’s with children- undisclosed location because many faced domestic violence). We feed and shelter over 900 people every day.
- Our Early Childhood Education centers are closed for class. Since most of the 500 children come from homes facing poverty (30% are experiencing homelessness), our staff has started food deliveries. In addition, they have been provided home activities and many are working with counselors.
- Food Provider: We have been teaming up with the other large providers like Food Bank of the Rockies. We are delivering food to the senior residents in our affordable housing. Little Flower Assistance Center is providing food. 11149 E. 14thAve, Aurora, CO 80010
- Gabriel House are providing diapers and baby needs like formula. For locations that are open ccdenver.org/closures
Supplies are running out, and the need is great:
- Donate to our emergency response fund ccdenver.org/ERF
- Drop off supplies at Samaritan House Distribution Center 2301 Lawrence Street, Denver CO
- If you have suppliers who have items like cleaning supplies, diapers, food, and toilet paper, please call me at 720-799-9288
- Volunteer: We could use help.